Members of the APDTNZ are committed to bettering the lives of dogs and their families which is why members take an active interest in their own education, keep up to date and apply current best practice when working with dogs and dog owners
Membership of APDTNZ is open to anyone with an interest in dog training and behaviour. From pet dog owners to pet industry professionals. All who live and work with dogs are invited to join
A Full member may be any adult person (18 years or over) who provides dog training services and/or has an interest in the field of dog training. Full members agree to abide by the standards and guidelines promulgated by the Association, including adherence to the Code of Ethics. This level of membership includes a listing in the membership directory, reduced fees to official Association events, subscription to the newsletter, application for the use of the APDTNZ logo on marketing literature, eligibility to stand for the Association Committee and voting privileges.
Annual full membership fee is $55.
An Associate member may be any person who has an interest in the field of dog training. This level of membership includes reduced fees to official Association events and subscription to the newsletter.
Annual associate membership fee is $45.
Benefits of Membership
- Facebook Discussion Group The APDTNZ Members Facebook group offers participants the opportunity to ask advice, share thoughts and experiences, and network with other dog training professionals. New members will be invited into the group once their application is approved.
- Newsletter The APDTNZ newsletter is published three times per year and contains up-to-date information, with articles by trainers and specialists from through the world, book reviews, regular columns, and news of upcoming events.
- Annual Conference The APDTNZ Annual Conference is held over the Queen’s Birthday weekend each June, and features both international and local speakers who are at the forefront of expertise and technology.
- Library The APDTNZ has a library of books, CDs, and DVDs available for our members to borrow. From time to time we also arrange bulk purchases of books to help our members save on the cost of shipping from the USA.
- Membership Directory Full members of the Association may have their contact details listed in the membership directory on the APDTNZ website.
Application and Renewals
Membership is for the 12 month period from 1 April to 31 March. It is due for renewal on the 31st of March each year. Please note: A person can seek membership at any time of the year but the fee is not prorated. However, if a membership application is received between 1st January and 31st of March, a renewal will not be required for that year.
All applications for Full membership must be approved by the APDTNZ Committee. Once membership is granted, members are invited annually to renew their membership. Associate Members do not require committee approval.
For Full Members each annual renewal must be accompanied by agreement to continue to uphold the Code of Ethics and Rules of the Association. This is not required for Associate members however all renewals must be accompanied by a renewal form so member information can be kept up to date. Members are asked to contact APDTNZ as soon as their contact details change.
Associate members can upgrade to Full members at any time by submitting a Membership Renewal Form to the committee, marking the Upgrade box, and submitting payment.
If a membership is not renewed and remains unpaid for 1 month or longer, a person seeking membership will need to reapply to the APDTNZ Committee by using the Membership Application form and selecting "New".